Dear Home Church Family,
What a blessing it is to be able to come together to worship! We are excited to share, that as of this writing, Worship Services in the Church Sanctuary will be held on Sunday monrings. There will be three services. First Service will be 9AM to 10AM. Second Service will be 10:30AM to 11:30AM. We have interpretation available in Spanish.
We believe that the procedures the Church Leadership Team and Staff have developed will allow the church to gather together to worship, assure the safety of all attendees while preventing the spread of COVID-19, and support compliance with the latest directives from Nevada’s Governor. The procedures include social distancing, wearing face coverings, cleaning and sanitizing, and the elimination of sharing / exchanging materials.
The Sunday Worship experience will be significantly different. We wanted to provide some details of what to expect:
- When you arrive at the Church, please remain
outside with appropriate social distancing while wearing face coverings. Common
areas of the church have been closed. Only the restrooms and the sanctuary are
to be accessed. The kitchen, holy grounds café, coffee cart, and offices will be closed.
- Our children's department is open for Sunday School classes durig our 10:30am service. There are classes available for ages 4 - 8, 9 -12, and Youth Group 13-18. We are unable to provide nursery at this time.
- As you enter the foyer, hand sanitizing will be available. Also, there will be masks for anyone that forgot their face covering.
- The Sanctuary seating has been configured to promote social distancing. Each household / family will be escorted as a group to their seats. Once seated, attendees will maintain social distancing by remaining in their assigned area.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times. The only exceptions to this are children nine years of age or younger (although children between the age of two and nine are strongly encouraged) and individuals who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability. It may be necessary to remove masks to lead worship or deliver the message.
- Attendees must not hug, shake hands, or participate in any other kind of physical contact since these activities promote the spread of the virus.
- No church bulletins, church calendars, or other literature will be handed out.
- We will not be passing the offering baskets for tithes and offerings. We encourage those that have been mailing checks or giving on-line to continue that practice. There will be a secure drop box attached to the exterior wall of the sound booth for tithes and offerings as well.
- At the conclusion of the Service please wait to be dismissed. After being dismissed, please exit to the outside of the church as quickly as possible. All visiting should be done outside the church building.
- After everyone has exited, the church entry doors will be locked. Cleaning and sanitizing will be completed prior to the next service. The doors will be reopened when seating in the Sanctuary is available.
The CDC guidelines recommend that vulnerable individuals with certain underlying medical conditions stay home. Anyone that is sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have ill family members, or who may have had contact with individuals that may have COVID-19, should stay home. If you are in these categories please utilize the Home Church podcast to worship.
The Home Church Leadership Team and Staff are focused on having our church come back together with wisdom that is guided by best practices and by God’s love and love of our neighbors. The Great Commandment states (Matthew 22: 37-39):
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind . . . Love your neighbor as yourself”.
During this pandemic, one way we express love for ourselves is in doing what we can to protect ourselves from getting infected. In the same manner, one way we express love for our neighbor is protecting them from getting infected. We are committed to protecting the health of those in our church and in our community, to meeting the needs of our congregants, and to the church’s outreach of the lost and hurting.
Please pray for grace, kindness, guidance, discernment and wisdom as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Senior Lead Pastor